Discussion: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 19 of 19  |  Show  posts at a time
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Feb 27 2018, 11:39 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2018, 11:39 AM EST
Remember apocalypse world? That seems like a long time ago that Jack ended up there with Mary, doesn't it? Time to see what has been happening there with Michael and...BOBBY! Well, apocalypse wold Bobby anyway. I'm happy to see any version of Bobby! Sam, Dean, and Cas keep working on finding a way to re-open the breach, but I think they get hip to the fact that prophet Rafael is not on their side (is being controlled by Asmodeus; or is at least reporting to him about Jack's whereabouts). I've liked other things Meredith Glynn as written. We'll see!

Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
1. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 9:26 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2018, 9:26 PM EST
Hey Y'All,

so happy we are BACK!!!!

ONE question, rhough: I thought Cas knew when someone was lying and had no soul????

PNP
kate38
kate38
2. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 9:51 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2018, 9:56 PM EST
WOW! Lots of moving parts and revelations in this one!!! Good episode overall, I thought. I like seeing these story lines move forward – I feel the momentum building and I LOVE it!

I also love how the show stays true to its roots – pulling a tidbit from the actual bible and taking it somewhere different. Gog and Magog are from the book of Ezekiel, but it’s very interesting how the show twisted that story. It’s almost as much fun as chasing urban legends. Thanks again, Supernatural!

I didn’t expect what happened to Donatello, but I really appreciate how his story kept me guessing! VERY interesting to learn that the tablet corrupted him because he doesn’t have a soul. I thought that was creative. I’m also glad he’s not dead. That means there’s still a chance that he’ll somehow get better. And now everybody knows about Asmodeus’ hold on him, so I’m glad we don’t have to worry about that anymore.

I’m still not convinced that the real Cas came back from the Empty, but I love seeing soldier-Cas back in action.

Side note: Dean and Sam nearly broke through a solid cement wall last season, but they couldn’t kick that door in to get to Cas before he juiced Donatello like an orange? That was pretty weak…

I’m just starting to like Jack the teeniest bit, which of course means something terrible is going to happen to him and/or he’ll go dark side. I think he finally showed some courage and drive in this episode. And now he thinks he can kill Michael. THAT’ll be a fight worth seeing. However, was Bobby being prophetic when he said Jack would eventually go bad?

[...continued...]
kate38
kate38
3. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 9:53 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2018, 10:14 PM EST
[...continued...]

Normally, Samantha Smith doesn’t do much for me in her role as Mary. But I liked the chemistry between her and Jim Beaver in this episode. She seemed less flat and cold tonight. Good for her character IMO. And I MISS BOBBY SINGER!!! So happy to see Jim Beaver back on the show. I wish we could get Bobby out of the AU, but he gave a very good explanation for why he needs to stay there.

I like the nod back to the earlier parts of the series! I think it’s very interesting that the world would’ve been doomed if Mary hadn’t made her deal to save John. Not that I think that gets Mary off the hook (she could’ve made the deal, married John, had her sons and still spent 10 years figuring a way out of her deal instead of ignoring it), but it sort of looks like the world was doomed either way, and Dean and Sam were the only reason things were different.

Speaking of earlier seasons, I liked the nod back to Zachariah. Kurt Fuller was amazing in that role, and Zachariah was an angel I loved hating.

Can't wait to see how Team Free Will is gonna get these impossible ingredients for their spell. Normally, Crowley would be their go-to guy for something like this. Maybe Rowena will help them? Or maybe Lucifer will help them because he doesn't want Michael to succeed, either. This is gonna be a scary ride :)

And it is NOT lost on me that this episode is titled "Good Intentions" - so, whose good intentions are gonna lead them to ruin? Cas? Jack's?

kate
kate38
kate38
4. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 10:02 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2018, 10:06 PM EST
"Hey Y'All,

so happy we are BACK!!!!

ONE question, rhough: I thought Cas knew when someone was lying and had no soul????

PNP"
Good question, PNP :)

Cas had to reach into Sam's body to determine that he didn't have a soul, so I don't think he'd just be able to tell Donatello was missing his without checking.

I think you're right about him supposedly being able to tell when someone is lying. HOWEVER, we've seen the boys lie to him (e.g.season 6) and he seemed unable to tell. He's also been duped by Crowley, Metatron, Rowena, and others, so I think the show has been inconsistent about his lie-detecting skills.

kate
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
5. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 10:18 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2018, 10:18 PM EST
PHEW…..well, I am just not quite sure what to think?!
LOVED to have Bobby back, of course, and I like the idea that he is Apocalypse World’s version of Sam and Dean – saving people, hunting….angels. I can get behind that. Although, the camp in the woods was a little too “Robin Hood” (with Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman) to me.
I liked the Mary and Jack scenes. And the Mary, Jack and Bobby scenes. However, they went on a little too long and didn’t really serve a purpose in my head. Or did they?
Was the whole point just to beat it in our heads that Jack is loyal to Sam and Dean? That he would put his own life (and the rest of lives in Apocalypse World) on the line for them? Got it. Not really new.
Obviously Mary would sacrifice herself for the world and her boys. But we knew that already. That wasn’t new either. She already did that when she beat back Lucifer and ended up there to begin with.
Michael and Zachariah….blah. OK, so they are tough and ruthless and out to eradicate the world (oh and angels are dicks)? Got it! Could have done with less growling and scowling. It just wasn’t that impressive or scary. And I still don’t get why Michael wants to come to “real” earth??? To destroy another world and leave it wasted? I need more there. What is his motivation! I am not getting any.
Gog and Megog…..really??! WTF? Couldn’t we have figured out some better way for Dean and Cas (and Sam) to figure out that Donatello was lying? Oh yeah…..isn’t Cas normally the lie detector??

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
6. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 10:27 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2018, 10:27 PM EST
Donatello…..SIGH. I liked him in the beginning, but he’s become SO tiresome. What’s HIS motivation? He has no soul, so what does he want? Is he THAT corrupted by Asmodeus? And what is Asmodeous trying to achieve with that? OR was Donatello’s messed up state is also to be blamed on AMARA? We were never really clear on who called Donatello forth, right?
I DID like that Cas takes action and steps up at the end. Dean has instilled the “whatever it takes” bit long enough that it took interesting root. Sorry to say, but I kinda agreed with Cas here – get rid of THIS messed up prophet and get the next one online.
But overall the episode felt awkward, heavy handed and kinda pointless to me. It was almost schizophrenic – wipping about the dfferent story fronts - AM I WRONG??? Please tell me what the amazing things about it were?

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
7. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 10:35 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 9:04 AM EST
"I also love how the show stays true to its roots – pulling a tidbit from the actual bible and taking it somewhere different. Gog and Magog are from the book of Ezekiel, but it’s very interesting how the show twisted that story. It’s almost as much fun as chasing urban legends. Thanks again, Supernatural!

I didn’t expect what happened to Donatello, but I really appreciate how his story kept me guessing! VERY interesting to learn that the tablet corrupted him because he doesn’t have a soul. I thought that was creative. I’m also glad he’s not dead. That means there’s still a chance that he’ll somehow get better. And now everybody knows about Asmodeus’ hold on him, so I’m glad we don’t have to worry about that anymore.

"
HAHAHA - Sorry, Kate, I do love and appreciate YOU, however.....Gog and Magog TOTALLY lost me as pagan/ non-christian as I am!!!

Are you sure two stone-age guys in furry diapers, arguing about how Dean and Cas are "Pretty" are BIBLICAL??? To me that was silly, drawn out, unnecessary wasted time.

Again, SORRY, if I offend any Christians here!

And on Donatello....are we SURE it was the tablet that corrupted him? Maybe the main issue is that he was never a TRUE prophet anyway? Amara ate his soul and we aren't totally sure who called him forth.

I appreciated Sam's vehement comment about "no killing". but brain dead Donatello doesn't really help anyone. (Maybe we need him for later?).

Now, if they'd bring Kevin back over from Apocalypse World to be the last prophet...THAT would be interesting.

PNP

PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
8. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 1 2018, 10:40 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2018, 10:40 PM EST
"I’m still not convinced that the real Cas came back from the Empty, but I love seeing soldier-Cas back in action.
"
Hi Kate,

THAT is indeed an interesting thought! I had the suspicion that it wasn't ALL Cas at the beginning, but for some reason they lulled me into letting go of that.

I do appreciate a much more forceful and decisive Cas at the moment! Back to soldier angel is fine with me. But I would also find it intriguing, if the reason was that he is - at least partially - not Cas!!!

Let's hope they do something with that.

PNP
journalbookbinder
journalbookbinder
9. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 12:27 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 12:27 AM EST
I'm with you on this one PigNaPoke! On one hand, I was so happy for a new SPN, I was initially pretty forgiving, but after thinking about it, I thought it was heavy and clunky and some of it went on way too long. The Gog and Magog...lost on me and too silly. I long ago tired of Donatello, so I'm done with his rather caricature-ish portrayal. I loved Zachariah so much up to his season 5 death...I was a little pissed that they used such an iconic character so casually in the AU...casual intro and casual death. Not impressed.

Things I liked:
Jack. I love this character and have missed him. Loved that he succeeded in using his powers to help others.
Bobby. I loved just hearing Bobby's voice, but compared to the lines he used to get? This writing for him was WAY worse.
Cas. A soldier. The one willing to get his hands dirty to protect "thise I love"(!). Loved him like this.

Were Sam and Dean in this one? Sam's explanation involving Amara was laughably ridiculous when said aloud like that!

Mary. Better...but still flat. Still should never have been brought back from the dead.

Solid 5.
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
10. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 9:09 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 9:09 AM EST
" I loved Zachariah so much up to his season 5 death...I was a little pissed that they used such an iconic character so casually in the AU...casual intro and casual death. Not impressed.

Things I liked:
Bobby. I loved just hearing Bobby's voice, but compared to the lines he used to get? This writing for him was WAY worse.
"
Hi JBB,

very good point about Zachariah!! I agree. It was a waste of a good opportunity to show a different side of him.

And your point about Bobby's dialogue is right on the money! I couldn't figure out, what seemed off with him for me in the episode, but it WAS the dialogue!! It made him seem too flat and less clever than real Bobby should be. But even flay Bobby is better than NO Bobby....so I forgive the writers on that.

LOVED to have Jack back!!!

And I am also very pleased at Misha, because he, too, keeps getting better with time. He had to stretch many different ways over the past 2 seasons and I really enjoy watching it.

PNP
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
11. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 9:30 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 9:30 AM EST
"Can't wait to see how Team Free Will is gonna get these impossible ingredients for their spell. Normally, Crowley would be their go-to guy for something like this. Maybe Rowena will help them? Or maybe Lucifer will help them because he doesn't want Michael to succeed, either. This is gonna be a scary ride :)

And it is NOT lost on me that this episode is titled "Good Intentions" - so, whose good intentions are gonna lead them to ruin? Cas? Jack's?

kate"
Hi Kate,

I kinda HOPE they don't have to get the ingredients....that sounded pretty impossible to assemble without MAJOR carnage...

And that wouldn't be good for anybody's conscience.

I am still voting for the case where Mary and Jack find Kevin in AU and figure out some other way to open a portal.
Maybe Jack's blood could work instead of archangel grace? Or does he have grace, too? He IS part archangel...

I am starting to think that the "Good Intentions" in the episode title fit best to Sam and Dean: they have the good intention to rescue Jack and Mom, but have now come up to a pretty gnarly road block....will they truly do "whatever it takes" no matter the fall out?
It fits Cas as well, IF Cas is Cas....then his forceful drive to defeat Michael no matter what, could lead them all to doom...even if it is out of good intention to save the world.

Jack imo is just trying to do his best to stay true to what he absorbed from Sam and Dean. He didn't mention Cas much this episode, but Sam and Dean's teachings came up more.
I really liked how he seemed a little lost out there on his own (ok, with Mary in tow), but keeps the Winchesters as moral compass. It is interesting to me because we all know that Sam and Dean are no longer "black and white" kind of people or hunters, but Jack seems to need an easy to understand good vs evil concept

PNP
kate38
kate38
12. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 10:55 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 10:55 AM EST
"Things I liked:
Jack. I love this character and have missed him. Loved that he succeeded in using his powers to help others.
Mary. Better...but still flat. Still should never have been brought back from the dead.

Solid 5."
I haven't liked Jack, but I'm happy that his story is finally getting interesting. I was sick of watching him bumbling around like a baby with a bazooka -- killing someone accidentally, trying to get a handle on his powers, etc since episode 1. Now he finally seems to be useful and I'm happy to see that. He's less annoying to me now.

I do want to see what becomes of his plan to go after Michael. He clearly should be more powerful than Michael, but his naivete is a weapon that Michael will definitely use against him. I suspect he'll go darkside at some point, and Michael may end up being the catalyst for that.

I have to agree with you about Mary. I wasn't happy to see her back (or Lucifer, for that matter), but now that she's here, I like how her story is becoming intertwined with Jack's and Bobby's. I also think Sam Smith was a little bit better in this episode than she has been. I hope she can continue to improve. She's SO likable in person! I want her to do better.

kate
kate38
kate38
13. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 11:10 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 11:25 AM EST
"Hi Kate,

I kinda HOPE they don't have to get the ingredients....that sounded pretty impossible to assemble without MAJOR carnage...

And that wouldn't be good for anybody's conscience.

I am still voting for the case where Mary and Jack find Kevin in AU and figure out some other way to open a portal.
Maybe Jack's blood could work instead of archangel grace? Or does he have grace, too? He IS part archangel...

PNP"
LOL!! Hasn't major carnage been the formula for most of the season finales? I'm reminded most recently of the impossible ingredients for removing the Mark of Cain from Dean, and even collecting the Horsemens' rings in season 5. If this season stays true to form, they'll get the ingredients, work the spell, and something catastrophic will happen that will introduce the big bad opening situation for season 14.

And yes, there will be guilt and grief. And because this is an odd-numbered season, somebody important (Sam, Dean, or Cas, most likely) is probably gonna die. I think it's Sam's turn...

Interesting theory about Jack. If he does have any "grace", it has to be archangel grace because it can only have come from Lucifer. But even if his grace could be used to power the spell, he's in the wrong universe to be helpful to the Boys. If they HAD Jack, they wouldn't need the spell to open a rift, so they still need another source for archangel grace that's still in this world. Luci or Gabriel are probably their only options. They could bust Gabriel out of prison (which is doable -- Ketch would have no problem betraying Asmodeus by telling the Boys where to find Gabriel), and/or work out a deal with Luci, since he doesn't want to see Michael succeed, either. However, Luci is currently running on stolen grace -- not "pure" archangel grace, so I think Gabriel is their best bet.

kate
blaecsable
blaecsable
14. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 12:34 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 12:34 PM EST
Welcome Back, Everyone!

Love all the comments above...my two cents: I think Chuck turned back on the prophet machine back in season 11. I think the Gog and Magog were for entertainment purposes and a fun fight scene( Dean was having a good time). They now have weapon touched by Chuck!. Yes, I believe they can use Jack's grace he is supposed to be stronger than an Angel...how about an Archangel?...I forgot what they said about Jack being a Nephilim of an Archangel? I think Michael wants to come over to our side to subjugate us and be GOD since their Chuck is on vacation!...or Do you think Chuck made all of the Parallel universes too?

Sable

kate38
kate38
15. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 1:03 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 1:03 PM EST
"Welcome Back, Everyone!

I think Michael wants to come over to our side to subjugate us and be GOD since their Chuck is on vacation!...or Do you think Chuck made all of the Parallel universes too?

Sable

"
Hi, Sable :)

Great question!

I DO think that Chuck made all the universes. But just like he abandoned us and left us to deal with the consequences of our choices/free will, he abandoned the other world(s), too, leaving them a mess.

I suspect you're right that Michael wants to come here to enslave us and become our god -- or perhaps to exterminate us like he's trying to exterminate humanity in the AU. However, he probably isn't happy with the way the angel war went on his side -- since it's still going on because of the human resistance that keeps hanging on and battling angels. Plus, it seems there's also still a demon problem over there, so I'm sure Michael would like another chance to do things differently and stamp that out too.

Now that Michael knows that the Winchester brothers were the main reason the apocalypse didn't happen here, I could see killing them being near the top of his to-do list, so they can't interfere with his plans for this universe -- again.

Either, way I think it's bad news for us if Michael gets his way.

kate
kate38
kate38
16. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 1:07 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 1:07 PM EST
"Welcome Back, Everyone!

I think Chuck turned back on the prophet machine back in season 11.

Sable

"
I thought Donatello said he got woken up when the Darkness got set free, no? Before him, there were no other prophets after Kevin Tran, right?

If that's the case, I think it was releasing the Darkness that sent ripples through the whole universe -- including cracking Luci's cage, alerting the angels and demons, and awakening the next prophet.
blaecsable
blaecsable
17. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 2 2018, 1:28 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2018, 1:31 PM EST
"I thought Donatello said he got woken up when the Darkness got set free, no? Before him, there were no other prophets after Kevin Tran, right?

If that's the case, I think it was releasing the Darkness that sent ripples through the whole universe -- including cracking Luci's cage, alerting the angels and demons, and awakening the next prophet. "
Ok...we know he was switched on when the "Amara mist" touched him...And it took unearthing the tablet to awaken Kevin. Metatron turned the great lever to stop future prophets and I surmise Chuck turned that lever back on...I thought of Amara as an earthquake and that the "lever" would require some "hoodoo".

Another thought that popped into my head is that you guys who say that is not all Cass are correct because of the looks on his face when Donatello is not cooperating...and of course his actions.

And finally that they do now have weapons forged by Chuck...

Sable
"
PigNaPoke
PigNaPoke
18. RE: Let's all talk about "Good Intentions" (S13 E14) HERE!
Mar 10 2018, 1:59 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 10 2018, 1:59 PM EST
"
And yes, there will be guilt and grief. And because this is an odd-numbered season, somebody important (Sam, Dean, or Cas, most likely) is probably gonna die. I think it's Sam's turn...

Interesting theory about Jack. If he does have any "grace", it has to be archangel grace because it can only have come from Lucifer. But even if his grace could be used to power the spell, he's in the wrong universe to be helpful to the Boys. If they HAD Jack, they wouldn't need the spell to open a rift, so they still need another source for archangel grace that's still in this world. Luci or Gabriel are probably their only options. They could bust Gabriel out of prison (which is doable -- Ketch would have no problem betraying Asmodeus by telling the Boys where to find Gabriel), and/or work out a deal with Luci, since he doesn't want to see Michael succeed, either. However, Luci is currently running on stolen grace -- not "pure" archangel grace, so I think Gabriel is their best bet.

kate"
Hi kate,

LOL...you think it's Sam's turn...sad, but funny, that we can kinda count on this, right?!

Very true about Lucifer's un-pure grace! In theory he should not be able to be as powerful with the stolen/borrowed grace as with his own.
And I wonder if his own was used up in the spell and is simply gone? Or if he can retrieve or restore it somehow?

Yes, Jack is on the wrong side at the moment, but that's why I am hoping that he, Mary and KEVIN maybe find a way to open the rift on their side and escape on their own. Wouldn't that be a novel idea? No boys to the rescue, but the others helping themselves...

On "our" side, I agree with you, Gabriel seems the best bet to help, if they can get to him and he agrees. Who knows what mindset he is in after years of sitting in a cell ...

PNP